The HP Smart Array P411 is HP's external connect only, PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID controller. The low profile, half height card
has 8 ports and utilizes DDR2-800 memory. The P411 is ideal for RAID 0, 1, 1+0,
5, 5+0 and can be upgraded with a minimum of 256MB cache module, battery kit
(for BBWC), Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC),and Smart Array Advanced Pack
license key for RAID 6 (ADG) & 6+0.
- The SA-P411 Controller supports up to 100 drives. Additional drives can be
supported with cache and connection to an expander
- The SA-P411 Controller supports the HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart
Array,HP StorageWorks 70 Modular Smart Array, HP StorageWorks D2600 Disk
Enclosure, HP StorageWorks D2700 Disk Enclosure, and HP StorageWorks 600
Modular Disk System.
- Seamless upgrades to current or next generation HP high performance and
high capacity Serial Attached SCSI Smart Array controllers
- 6Gb/s SAS technology delivers high performance and data bandwidth and
contains full compatibility with 3Gb/s SATA technology.
- x8 PCI Express host interface technology delivers high performance and
data bandwidth up to 2 GB/s maximum bandwidth.
- Addition of the battery or flash backed cache upgrade enables array
expansion, logical drive extension, RAID migration, and stripe size
- Additionally, Smart Array Advanced Pack License key enables RAID 6 (ADG),
6+0, Advanced Capacity Expansion, Mirror Splitting and Recombining in Offline
Mode, Drive Erase, Performance Optimization-Degraded Reads and Read Coalescing
- Mix-and-match SAS and SATA hard drives, lets you deploy drive technology
as needed to fit your computing environment.
- Support for SAS tape products.
- Software consistency among all Smart Array family products: Array
Configuration Utility, Systems Insight Manager, Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU)
- 256 MB 40-bit wide DDR2-800 MHz cache module standard (with optional
- Low-profile PCI Express form factor - ships with a full size bracket for
deployment in either a low-profile or full sized slot